There is this general perception that one can never understand a woman. I have no idea why is it so. We women are the most vocal species on this planet. We are more expressive as compared to men about the things we like or we don’t like. Added to that we keep on giving you hints about what things do we want as gifts on specific occasions. Remember when we told you how good that blue bag displayed outside that neighborhood shop looked, or how awesome was that watch with a round dial we showed you on Amazon. Yet you didn’t listen and bought a brown bag and a rectangular watch instead.
The problem, dear men, is not about understanding, it’s about listening. You must carefully listen to the words that come out of our mouth, every single one of them. A moment of disinterest might make you to miss the color of the sandals that would go around with a specific dress and you might end up having an argument.
So the other day, I asked my guy to get me something. Something very cheap like under Rs100. And I still have no idea why but he brought me color pencils! I was speechless. I mean he could have bought me a pen and that would have made some sense but why on earth did he give me color pencils! I never draw. I have never drawn anything since school got over nor did I ever express some sort of dream of drawing something in my life. But here we were having an argument over color pencils. He ended up being irritated as he never understands what I want from him and because I never like his gifts. To pacify him I thought of showing him my great artistic skills using his gift.
And I made this! Well when he asked me why I made him look like a psycho killer torturing a little girl, I told him not to insult my “art” and to find a deeper meaning in it. Haha. That was the end of our little argument.
I haven’t touched those colors again as I don’t want to torture the future generations with my artistic skills.
To all the guys who find it tough to understand a woman, just listen to them. They do make sense especially when they want something from you.
And to all those people who celebrate Valentines day, have a happy weekend. May your life be filled with love and laughter.
… an old couple trying to use the escalator for the first time. The woman succeeding while the man giving up and using the stairs instead.
… kids playing ghar ghar roadside, cooking ‘lunch’ in an earthen pot.
… a young couple in the neighborhood walking hand in hand every single evening.
… a girl writing with an ink pen.
… a homeless kid feeding bread to a stray dog.
… a pigeon sneaking into my room and sleeping on my bed.
… a sparrow on my windowpane.
… a little girl asking her dad to get her a chocolate from the magic (vending) machine.
… In the chaos of Delhi, I found Love… Life.. Laughter…
Three days away from being 25 and relying on a comic strip to learn how to lead an “adult” life…
May be some people aren’t born to find a destination… May be they are destined to just roam around… To live the life they find themselves in, the best way they know how.
*all images from pinterest.
Three years ago when I wrote this post, I guess I somehow irked the almighty , because He/She didn’t let me attend yet another of my convocation. So, now I am this 24 year old girl who has two degrees but not even one experience of throwing that graduation cap up in the air. Ok, I am making it sound like some kinda achievement but for me, it actually is an achievement. I got two degrees in a career I never really liked in the first place and after all that torture I didn’t get to attend even one of my graduation day. How unfair is it!!!! That bloody college people changed the convocation date from 12th to 20th December, that is on the day of an exam which all my classmates were going to write. So, our entire class was indirectly restricted from attending the convocation. I just feel so bad you know. I was so excited about going back to college, meeting everyone and relive old college days but that didn’t happen and I ended up seeing pictures of people dressed in convocation robes exactly like the last time. Now every person on facebook has a convocation DP… except me. Hell, facebook is filled with wedding pictures, and I don’t even have that (OK, I don’t want that, but still they have something to post) then there are job updates, country updates, check ins, dinner pictures, daru pictures, all kind of shit and I have nothing. When is God gonna bless me with something to show off. Yaar, I don’t want that, I just wanted to go back to college, and attend my convocation, but I guess it is just not in my kismat. I am actually not into facebook that much, I had deactivated it for years, and only joined it a year ago. It’s just a place which makes me feel like I am way behind people, like everyone is moving ahead, changing careers, getting married and here I am, still trying to figure out what I want from life. I have engaged myself in this long unpredictable journey of a long lost dream while people are running from one goal to another. But I guess this is who I am, and this is the life I have chosen for myself. Nothing and no one else matters.
Well, you know what I am going to do, I am going to invite all my friends to Delhi, rent those convocation robes and throw a super awesome graduation party for us (Of course with their money), and make it better than a real convocation. Yes, that’s what I am going to do. And I am going to be happy.
P.S. I just realized that it’s actually a very childish post, but I am gonna publish it anyway. Who cares…
A beautiful evening
Somewhere over the rainbow,
the sky is blue…
and the dreams you dare to dream,
really do come true…
…in love with John Mayer. Period.
1. I want more hours in a day. Twenty four hours are just not enough.
2. Just when I get serious about something, I fall sick and all my motivation goes down the drain.
3. I have noticed that the males in our generation are better at cooking than the females. All the guys in my Mtech class knew cooking, while most of the girls only knew how to cook maggi.
4. How do people manage relationships with the other important things of their life? I just dont know how to be in a real relationship. I aced the long distance thing you know, like if there is a competition for being a good far away girlfriend, I would probably be among the top ten. But give me a live boyfriend and I turn the relationship into a disaster. Whenever he spots a couple holding hands or being cosy in public he looks at me with these expectant eyes, and I give him a I’ll-kill-you-if-you-even-dream-about-it look. I just can’t do it.
5. I think I write well only when I am at home. I started this blog when I had nothing to do after graduation. Those days I could write about anything under the sun. I almost left writing for two years after joining college. The last four months were good for the blog as I was at home, and could write effortlessly. Now that I am in a city, I am afraid, I have lost the writer in me again.
6. I actually opened WordPress to write the first point, the one about time but I ended up blabbering about so many things. There, I wasted another fifteen minutes out of the precious 1440 minutes we are blessed with everyday.